Selfridges Beauty Insiders

Hey,

So last week I paid a visit to Selfridges new Beauty Insiders based at the Trafford store. It's a great service where the artists can use pretty much any brand on you as opposed to traditional beauty counters where it's just that one brand being used (whether it suits you or not).


I had my appointment with Emily who's the lead artist. I went in with 2 requests:


1. I wanted to try the new Venus XL 2 pallet from Lime Crime 
2. I wanted a new foundation that was a medium/buildable coverage

I then said she had free reign to do whatever else she wanted as it wasn't for any particular occasion, I'm just not very good at the whole make up thing so I was going to watch and learn from her. 


Emily created a gorgeous rose gold eye look for me using the pallet and taught me which brushes to use and where each colour should go if I wanted to recreate the look myself, she also pointed out which other colour combos would work well. For my foundation she used the new Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance-Perfecting Foundation and gave me a sample to try at home to make sure I definetly liked it (spoiler, I do).






 Honestly if you feel like you need a bit of a make up lesson, book yourself in with the Beauty Insiders! You can book your appointment here and all costs are redeemable against product. I bought the Lime Crime Venus XL 2 pallet and I'm planning on doing a post about it soon. 


Dee
x



Comments

  1. I like this idea!! It’s genius from the point of view of Selfridges, as they have totally upped their units per transaction potential. The make up artists will also win because they are more free for expression and their potential to get clients from it are now bigger as it’s based on their talent. As for the make up brands themselves, I’m sure they win somehow- maybe through linked advertising with artists.
    You look amazing, the colours are perfect on you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts