Aesop- Blue Chamomile Facial Hydrating Masque

Hey!

It's been freezing lately and my skin doesn't do well when it's cold at all. I've been using Aesop's Blue Chamomile Facial Hydrating Masque since the start of January and I really think it's been one of the main reasons my skin hasn't gone super flaky and gross.
I use it twice a week, leave it on for at least 30 mins (sometimes more) and then rinse of with warm water. It doesn't mention anything about leaving it on overnight on the packaging or online, but I think this would be fine to sleep in.



What they say: A lightweight, soothing blend of nourishing botanicals that delivers intense, replenishing hydration while balancing skin.

Suited to: Normal to dry skin, skin subjected daily to air-conditioned environments.

Key Ingredients: Niacinamide, Sodium Carrageenan, Bisabolol

A bit about the ingredients
Niacinamide is basically vitamin B3. In skincare it acts as a barrier from the environment, giving the skin a chance to heal itself. This in turn reduces redness, blotchiness, breakouts caused by pollution (great for city living). 
Sodium Carrageenan is a type of seaweed which again acts as a barrier on the skin, protecting it (do you see a theme here?
Bisabolol is an oily substance made from chamomile. It helps the appearance of dry skin by preventing flakiness. 

So combine all those ingredients and you've got a pretty good protective mask in my opinion. I like Aesop and their brand values so it's definitely a brand I'll be looking to try more from in the future. If you've tried anything from them please let me know so I can add it to my ever growing wishlist of things I want but don't necessarily need.

Dee
x

Comments

Popular Posts